Followers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lottery Fun


The nenmatsu jumbo (年末ジャンボー) is one of the big annual lottery drawings in Japan. I think I have played once or maybe twice before and I didn't win anything. When I played the first time I bought one ticket. Then I found out that they draw three successive numbers so most people purchase a bulk of tickets to give themselves a fighting chance. I was told that the people who win big usually have purchased ¥10万 ($1,000 who knows if that's true) in tickets. With a prize of ¥300,000,000 ($3,359,650.60), I wonder why people bother.

So the other night my friend and I were walking around and I saw people lining up to buy tickets. I told her that it might be fun to buy a ticket. When we got in line, she turned to me and asked me how many tickets I was thinking about buying. I told her I thought that ¥1,000 ($10) would be good. Apparently she had thought about spending ¥10,000 ($100).

$100?? I talked her down to $60.The drawing in on 12/31.....fuhhhh..kalu manyangkut mimang bulih idup mewah..biasalah JUTAWAN (macam si tong hing)

No comments: